Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately fourteen (14) days after the posting date.
Date: Jun 29, 2020 A
Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76131
Job Location: Fort Worth
Other Potential Locations: Fort Worth, TX
Anticipated Start Date: 08/17/2020
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: 0
Salary Band: 31
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
BNSF is seeking a high performing individual with an interest in developing a deep knowledge of the real estate transactions of a major Class I railroad. This is an Assistant General Attorney position with responsibility for providing legal advice and counsel concerning real estate matters including drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, leases, construction agreements, easements, licenses, and conveyance documents in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, and management of extensive real estate portfolio; management of outside counsel, including directing strategy and managing work flow and budgets; and providing advice and counsel on issues affecting the company’s real estate holdings, including permitting and land use issues arising under state and federal laws. Occasional domestic travel required.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree, Juris Doctor and current law license (Texas preferred, but not mandatory)
- Strong academic background
- 3 – 7 years of relevant work experience as a practicing lawyer (in-house, law firm or government) focused primarily on real estate transactions; experience gained from work in the railroad or other transportation industry a plus
- Must possess excellent legal research, verbal and written communication skills and ability to handle complex and challenging assignments with extremely short turnaround deadlines
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a collaborative environment with significant client interaction
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, Lexis/Nexis research system and other legal research and management tools
- Resume, references, non-confidential writing samples, and law school transcript may be required
The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/for-industrytwic.